Tuesday, June 9, 2020

When it is unseasonably hot out there ...

I decided to not write anything yesterday because nothing happened.  Well, not much of anything. 

I worked, I did some garden stuff and I sweated. 

It got hot out. Hit 90 degrees Fahrenheit in my area. We are not ready for temperatures like that this early in the season. 

The poor rabbits didn't handle it well.  I felt so bad for them.  They all laid around and panted all day. In particular, I felt sorry for poor Shadow.  She's so pregnant right now.  In fact, I think she's starting to build her nest.  She must be getting snappy at Feffer.  He looks sad and pitiful.  He runs to Shadow and she grunts at him. 

The chickens seemed to handle the heat fine. Even the young ones.  


Today was the start of my vacation week. I had a bit of a rough start this morning, due in part to waking up a bunch of times. Why?  Because a batch of chicks hatched out. 


You like the one who is sitting in the feeder, like a boss?

I went out into the garden early-ish this morning.  Otherwise I think I would have fallen back to sleep and I didn't want to do that. 

I did the first weeding of the season.  I decided to do a quick video of what the main garden looks like. 


I opted to not do any commentary on this one.  Mostly because I wasn't sure how I'd chatter, on the fly.  You get to hear the birds in the background. 

Some really exciting things were discovered today.

Our first of several baby peppers!



Another little baby pepper. 


This is so exciting for me.  I grew that from seed! 


This plant is from a "hot pepper blend" packet. 


Speaking of birds ... my son was on the ball this morning, with doing morning chicken chores.  Unfortunately he left the gate to the new fencing and the big girls got to spend the whole day outside. 

The yard didn't get ripped up, thankfully. They seemed to have had a blast roaming the entire back yard, eating bugs and chasing each other. 

Today was another day of warm weather in my area.  Just standing caused you to break out into a sweat. 

So what else did I decide to do?  Clean my car.  My poor car.  It's been mostly ignored and neglected since the safer-at-home stuff started.  

Yesterday I finished my first vanilla sock. 

Vanilla sock
Needle size: 2.5 mm (I think). whatever my usual size is
Yarn: Patons Kroy sock yarn
Color: Green striped rag


I've already cast on the second sock and am about an inch past the ribbing. 

As I look outside, the rain we've been anticipating has finally arrived.  This is the leftovers of Christobal. It was originally supposed to arrive around 5 p.m. I've been watching the radar. 

What a week to have taken off for vacation.

No comments: