Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Spending the day at home

Today was a day spent at home, mostly. 

The weather that was supposed to happen, and dump a lot of rain on us, didn't really happen. There was lots of wind last night and today, but not much for rain. 

I did see that parts of Michigan got slammed pretty good. 

This evening we drove to down and the sky was a sight to behold.  Ahead of us it was large grey clouds.  



To my right, it was beautiful blue skies and fluffy white clouds. 



A quick video of when we drove to town. We drove through a short rainfall. 



This is basically how weather was for the entire day.  

Other things that happened today: 

These guys went to their forever home. 





The coldest day in June, so far, and some bunny decided it was time to have her babies. 


Shadow definitely keeps us on our toes. She started giving birth and we brought her in. It was not a great labor and delivery for her.  She had a lot of kits and five are still alive, I think. :-(. A couple we put in the incubator, to get their body temperature up. Fingers crossed.  It was the first time my son was really involved with watching and taking care of things after the birth. He was a little frazzled. 

I was *so* close to having my craft room back, too. I was in the midst of cleaning up in there, and getting things set back up to pre-chicks setup, when my son came in and said Shadow needed to be brought in. 

Since we we at home today, I decided to make Sally's Baking Challenge for this month.  Brownie Ice Cream sandwiches.  

I have never made brownies from scratch before.  This brownie recipe tastes amazing to me. 


Currently, the ice cream sandwiches are sitting in the freezer.  Tomorrow I'll cut them up and give them a try. Adventures in the kitchen!

It was a good mail day for me. My cousin sells Scentsy and I put an order in with her last month. 

I took a chance on the scents.  I realized most of what I currently have is all fall and winter-type scents.  If I'm going to be at home for most of the summer, I need something appropriate. 


All the scents are good!  I'm so picky and can be sensitive to some artificial smells.  


No comments: