Saturday, June 6, 2020

Saturday randomness

It was a fairly quiet day around the homestead. 

Someone came this morning and took one of the baby buns to its forever home. 

This morning we spent some time out in the garden.  I watered all the potted plants and my husband set up the watering system for the main bed. 



No matter what other sprinklers we try, we come back to this style of sprinkler. It works the best for our set up.  For now, at least. Once things start really growing tall we will need to come up with a different system. 

When I was out in the garden area I heard the song birds going at it out in the Jack Pines.  



The tomatoes I put in pots back in April.  Look at how much they have grown.


My first tomato flowers. 


Irises near the end of my driveway. 


We let Thor and Loki have some time out on the grass. 


She was enjoying her time out on the grass a little too much.  She tried to make an escape.  We managed to catch her.  

My husband and son set up a temporary fence so both of them could be out on the grass. 

Thor thought it was great.  He was binkying and running around.  He also managed to chew one of the wires and sneak out of the fencing. 


Thor is starting to show his age.  I wish I knew how old him and Loki are. She's getting more silver in her fur, too. 

I promised a photo of Shadow and Feffer. 


The young hens and roos are having a blast with being outside.  I tried taking a video, but the sound was awful. 


That is my son in the upper right corner, keeping the rabbits company. 

The grass seed my son planted early May, and we thought it was never going to come up. It came up at almost 21 days to the planting date


At one point there was no grass in this area because it's under a huge pine tree. 

We did go fishing for a few hours in the early afternoon. 

I spotted this butterfly.  I don't know what species it is. 


I worked on my cross stitch for a while this evening.  I was hoping that I might be able to finish it.  Then I realized I had made another mistake.  Rip, rip, rip again. ... I decided to put it away because I was making too many errors. 

No comments: