Wednesday, June 3, 2020

So there I was, in my PJ pants and pink garden shoes ...

This morning I figured I no longer had to worry about cold nights, and it was time to open up the little coop, so the little darlings could go out into the pen. 

I didn't have my phone with me, because I had no pockets. Because of this, I am unable to share photos, and I have no idea how I can recreate them acting ... well, like chickens when I brought in the screw gun and proceeded to take down the plywood that was in front of the door. 

So, it was these pants and these shoes. 


Once I got the door open, the girls didn't quite know what to make of it. 


They were also wondering what I was doing. 


I swear that they were trying to make poses when I got closer to them. Or, they were just trying to look like they were about to drop the next hit album. 


Others just didn't care. 

I did take a video, since photos don't always do to trick. 



The weather was really nice today.  It didn't get too hot out and the bugs weren't very pesky. 

I took a walk around the garden bed this morning. I saw the weeds are already showing. I decided to pull a few since I was out there.  Then I noticed some of them looked an awful lot like baby tomato plants. 


I let this one stay. It will be fun to see it grow. 

At lunch time today I sat out on the deck. It felt like a perfect storm of peace, calm and tranquility. I had humming birds buzzing around, butterflies going through the yard, sweet bird sounds and hearing my fountain going. I recorded it for posterity.  I want to remember the moment. 



This evening, after work, I "sweet talked" my husband into going fishing.  I thought he said yesterday that he wanted to go fishing today.  When I said "Hey, are we going fishing now?"  He goes "I don't know." So we went fishing. 

I wound up having a really good haul. Bass, crappies and blue gills.   

Me, after catching my third bass. I said "Take my photo!" Which I rarely say, but I wanted to remember the moment. 


The basket was *so* heavy. 


So many beautiful fish. 


The day seemed to be full of "I want to remember this" moments. 

No comments: