Thursday, April 3, 2014

Getting ready for the next storm

The snow started after 3 p.m. today.  I didn't have any problems getting home.

I'd say we have at least three inches of snow so far.

The schools in my area have already closed for tomorrow.  So that's good.  I'm having a work at home day tomorrow since it's publishing day on Monday.

Otherwise it's been fairly calm and quiet.

Due to popular request I did make another batch of "diet cookies" for the boys.


I call them diet cookies because they are made with almond flour and they don't have a lot of sugar in them. 

I follow the recipe from here at the Minimalist Baker.  I didn't follow it exactly and I used even less sugar.  The boys are happy with my version of the cookies. 

Elvis is doing good.  She's deep in her broodiness now and has a hard time snapping out of her trance to eat and drink.  We estimate the eggs hatch date at about April 21. 

Maybe by then all the snow will be gone. 

 Daily 5 of things that made me happy today

1. I made it home in one piece

2. The school's already cancelled for tomorrow so I don't have to wonder about that.

3. My wood stove.  I'm still so happy with it.

4. I *finally* found the plastic lids for mason jars.  Now when I open a jar of jam I can use one of those instead of the metal lid and band getting all goopy and messy.

5. Chatting with friends. 


1 comment:

Kelsbels said...

OK...I'm hungry and those cookies look divine! I'll have to try out that recipe!