Monday, April 28, 2014

It was a cold and dreary day ...

No really, it was.

Temps stayed in the mid-30s F all day and the wind ... oh the wind, it blew.  It blew hard. 

Then icy bits of death fell from the sky.  I never thought that would actually happen but it did.

My coworker and I were in such a funk today.  The wind was blowing so hard it sounded like someone was in her office blowing a big kazoo. 

The day called for a pot a chili for supper.

And a fire in the wood stove.


We've been trying a new method of fire building the last few times.  It's been working out great for us.  The fires start and take very quickly. It is the top down method.  You can read more about it here

Considering how damp and yucky it was outside, this was a welcome sight for us.


Tonite we cleaned out the brooder totes and rearranged a few things.  We moved Elvis from the big box and put the guineas in the box.  The box was too big for Elvis and the tote was too small for all the guineas.  My guy thought the guineas were freaking out in the tote because there wasn't much room for them to roam. 

The guineas are really happy in their new digs. It's so hard to take a photo with the red brooder lights. Sorry.

The guineas are now roaming around and scratching in the shavings.  They are no longer huddled together in the corner.  We even heard one make that really sweet trilling-coo sound.


The Americaunas and turkeys are happy to have clean shavings.  They took "baths" in the shavings.  One of the turkeys can really throw the shavings.


Elvis is still adjusting a bit to her new space.  The other babies were making so much noise that Elvis was wondering what was going on.


 I did decide to rip my Pamuya shawl tonite.  I didn't have any fun doing it but it had to be done. I have to come up with a game plan for working on it again.  I can't be distracted when I'm working on it.


Daily 5 of things that made me happy today

1. My guy takes care of the mice that come into the garage.

2. Talking books with my coworker.

3. Grilled cheese sandwiches.

4.  Hearing someone say nice things about my ladies eggs.

5. How pretty the fire is tonite.


No comments: