Friday, April 18, 2014

Today was a gorgeous day

Today was a gorgeous day.  Too bad I spent the majority of it working on stuff around the house. Things that I usually don't have time for. 

My son and I hauled wood into the house and he restacked it.  For a few hours today I had almost all the windows open.  The fresh air was wonderful.

While I was tidying up the craft room chicken room I noticed that the African Violet that I got from my MIL's apartment has a flower bloom on it. I can't remember the last time it bloomed.  This plant I got as a cutting from a former coworker.  It's at least five years old.  I need to give it some major TLC but the fact that it's got a flower bud on it makes me happy.


The babies are doing fabulous.  My son wanted to pick up one of them and I got this shot. They are spirited little things.


I have other fun news to share tonite.  We drove down to Hayward and picked up three turkeys: Two bronze and my son bought a white one.  They are just as adorable as the chicks.  I don't have any pictures of them yet because I wanted them to get used to their new environment and the other babies.  

My DH called me into the room to look at them all and they were all tumbled up together in a bunch and sleeping on top of each other. 

The new table came and I got it all set up.  I love it! The color is great and the size is perfect.  Chairs have already been ordered.


Daily 5 of things that made me happy today

1. I got my bird feeders refilled and within a half hour a wood pecker was spotted.

2. My table was delivered and it's all set up.

3. Having the windows open today.  That was nice.

4. New babies! I can see why some people turn into collectors.

5. Starting a new craft project. 




No comments: