Sunday, December 4, 2022

Holiday homestead share, day 4


Day 4 - Festive furry friends

I don't have furry friends.  I have squirrels that tear up my yard and chew on things they ought not to be chewing on. 

My son has a little mini rex rabbit named Feffer. 

Feffer is a good, sweet bun.  He likes to chew a lot.  And he likes to pretend he's an independent bun.  However, he loves running up and seeing if you have any goodies for him. 


He knows he's cute and adorable.

However, I have chickens.  One little hen in particular has me wrapped around on of her fingers. ... toes?  

My sweet little Miss Furby June. 


Furby is a house hen.  She was attacked by a predator bird in fall 2020. She convalesced in my kitchen and she was not able to reintegrate back into the flock.  She has limited eye sight and she was easily intimidated by the other birds and how fast they moved. At least that is what I think is what happened. 

She lives in the house now. She's got a pretty cushy life. She's got her tote and she has no interest in wandering around the house. I've tried.  She doesn't like walking on the hardwood floor, and she HATES wearing a diaper. 

Furby roosts on her tote and she keeps her back end from hanging outside of the tote. She has her food and her water in the same place, always, so she knows where it is. She's a tidy bird. I haven't figured out if she's trained me, or if I've trained her. 

 I've learned when she wants something, or if she wants her favorite youtube channel on. Yes, she has a favorite youtuber.  She throws a fit when she wants to hear it, too.  I have witnesses! 


Furby's about two-and-a-half years old. She's made a pretty big impact on me in the short amount of time she's been with us. 


She's also a master of the stink-eye. 





No comments: