Monday, December 5, 2022

Holiday homestead share, day 5


Day 5 - Wreaths

Currently I do not have a wreath.  A few years ago I purchased one for my front door.  It was stored in the garage and I'm not sure where it is now. 

So I present to you a round cross stitch ornament. It has a cute bow!


However, I do have a wreath story. ... 

And it involves this girl.  Photo taken of my "sweet" CeeVee girl back in 2010.  


About 20 years ago my husband's boss' wife gave the family a beautiful wreath. Ribbons, baubles and lights. My mother-in-law hung it up on her living room wall. 

This naughty kitty wouldn't leave it alone.  The wreath was new, shiny and full of interesting smells. 

We chased CeeVee away from that wreath so many times.  True to being a tortie (and possible part Siamese) she wouldn’t leave it alone. She skulked around and kept going back to the wreath. 

One evening, the lot of us was sitting around my mother-in-law's kitchen table chatting away.  Suddenly, there was the crackle of electricity, the lights flickered and I heard a meow-screech and saw a flash of fur as CeeVee went running for the bedroom. 

That little brat chewed the Christmas lights cord and shocked herself.  She chewed through one of the wires, not both, thankfully. 

I went after her, to make sure she was okay. I looked under the bed and coaxed CeeVee out and gave her a once over.  No major damage. One blister on her lip. 

There was spittle on the wall where she chewed the cord.  My husband was able to repair the cord and the lights worked once more. 

Needless to say, CeeVee never bothered the wreath again. She ignored it and acted as if it wasn't there. 

2 comments:

Becky G said...

I'm glad the kitty was OK! Sometimes they just have to learn the hard way.

Amnicon Studio said...

Yes they do! CeeVee lived a long, good life afterwards.