Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Holiday homestead share, day 7


Day 7 - Snow


This photo was taken last month when we spotted a deer in the back yard. 

At the moment I can't think of any charming snow stories.  Sorry. 

Well, wait.  I take that back.  This may count as a snow story. 

Back when I was still hunting this season I was sitting out in the blind. I was staring out the window, watching the blue jays and the squirrels who were raiding the feed pile.  Then, out of nowhere, an owl swooped down and tried to grab one of the squirrels. The whole thing was over in an instant. It seemed surreal to see the owl come down out of no where.  I think my jaw might have dropped.  

I frequently hear owls.  It was very neat to finally see one of them. 

A video I took 8 years ago. 


Poor Furby, I started playing this video and she got anxious. She doesn't want any owls to get her. 

2 comments:

Becky G said...

Back years ago, when I worked second shift, the owls would swoop down in front of the car as I was driving home. I was so scared I'd end up hitting one, but thankfully, I never did.

Amnicon Studio said...

Oh! That would be scary! For the most part I don't see the owls. it's so fun to hear them hoot. I call to them, sometimes, and they will answer back.