Thursday, December 1, 2022

Holiday homestead share, day 1

Should we pretend that I didn't just drop off the face of the earth for, like, two months? Yeah ... let's do that. 

I'm not active on Instagram anymore.  I still have an account because I can't just go and look at something shared on there without having an account.  

Anywho ... I went on Instagram a couple times yesterday.  The first time I regretted it because I saw some knitting community drama.  Boo! 

When I went on the second time I saw something about a "Holiday Homestead Share."  

"I can do that!" I said to myself.  Then I laughed.  

But seriously, I need a prompt to get my writing muscle going again.  I figured I could do this. 

This is the list. 

 


Day 1 is a selfie. 

I hate selfies. I swear I've reached a point where I just look drunk when I try to take one. Or I look really crabby.  


Soooooo, ... I decided to share this photo from October when I harvested a buck from the back 20.  



Yes, I do have a story for this feat. 

My facebook post said this on October 14: My best deer ever! It was an 8-pointer.
❤ 🙂 Patience paid off! My husband helped me track and found him. It started snowing right after I took the shot and he took off. I was worried we were going to lose the trail and it was getting dark out.

When I saw this guy step out in front of me I was steady. I remained calm. When I thought about this afterwards I was amazed at myself. No buck fever. I almost didn't take the shot. Which, looking back, I can't believe I even thought that.

We found him about 100 yards away. It was the craziest weather that evening. He provided a lot of meat for the freezer, and I played around with pressure canning venison this year. I wish I had thought about canning venison sooner. The meat is so tender.

Well, if you are on instagram, you can follow the hashtag #holidayhomesteadshare. I'm debating on posting this on Instagram.  I don't really miss being on the site, because of dramas and whatnot. I do like seeing people's stuff when I'm looking for inspiration. I'm also frequently clueless when I see something posted on Facebook.  

No comments: