Monday, December 12, 2022

Homestead holiday share days 11 and 12


I really did mean to write yesterday.  The plan was to write a blog entry before bedtime.  Then, about 9:30, my son came out of his room, all pathetic and needing his mom because he wasn't feeling well. 

Priorities. 

Okay, so let's see ... 


Day 11 - decor 

I am not much for decorating for the holidays. 

However, I do have a few things out. 



I have my tree bunting that I put out every year.  This year I added my cross stitch ornaments.   Those aren't permanent on there. 


A little tchotchke given to me by my coworker. 



Cardinal ornaments from my sisters-in-law. 


An adorable porky ornament made by one of my sisters-in-law. 

Day 12 - peppermint



I admit, I was stumped by this one for a moment.  I've been drinking Aldi peppermint creamer in my coffee.  

In other news ... 

The other day I pulled out a cross stitch project that I put in hibernation.  

You may recognize Edna. 


Project Name: Edna goes to brunch
Started: early July 2022
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Lindy Stitches
Fabric: 32 count Mint Splash Lugana by Zweigart
Floss: I'm using the called-for colors in DMC
Stitch count: 133 x 96s
Size: 8.3" x 6"
Needle Size: size 28

Evenweave kicks my butt! I'm counting the the fabric holes constantly. She will be beautiful when she's done. 

I picked up a small fold away table to put my Hope stand on when I'm stitching.  I'm still trying to figure out the best set up, including a good light and a spot where I can place the chart. 




No comments: