Thursday, April 2, 2020

Surprise sunny day

Day 2 of the photo challenge: "Green"


These are some of the green jalapenos I had for making poppers for supper. Not terribly exciting. Definitely a snapshot moment in my day. My husband loves poppers.  I make them with cream cheese, mushrooms, shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese and a hot sausage from Aldi. No bacon.  We tried them with bacon.  Not as good and I found them to be a mild pain to make. 

The weather forecast called for wicked weather today.  Rain, sleet, snow, nasty stuff. 

What did we get?  Beautiful sun and temps in the 50s. Yes, we had some gray sky, but this afternoon was gorgeous!  I had the kitchen windows open while I was preparing dinner. 

When I was washing dishes I saw Feffer trying to play with the chickens.  He was circling a few of them, trying to entice them to chase, I think. It was really a sweet thing to see.  

The one hen got tired of it and ran away.  Feffer tried to chase her and gave up.  Then he tried to play with another hen and she decided "Uh, no." and starting going after Feffer.  He thought it was fun until he realized she wasn't playing.  Poor Feffer! 

We are still on baby bun watch. 


No comments: