Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter blessings

It was an atypical Easter for us, as I am sure it is for many of you. 

I let myself sleep in a bit. Drank a cup of coffee and did a bit of knitting. Then I started on house stuff, but not too much!  We kept it pretty low key, for the most part. 

I did my first "extra" cooking and baking that I've done in a long time. 

I'm trying to get more comfortable with cooking with oil and trying a little bit of deep frying. 

I made mini corn dogs.  Those have been a hit with myself and my son. 


Maybe soon I'll be making yeast donuts.  We shall see. 

My son has been asking if I'd make a pineapple upside down cake.  I've got all the ingredients but I've held off because I knew it would take me a while to find a recipe and assemble it. I took a walk out on the internet and I think I found a winner!

I made a recipe from the Sally's Baking Addiction site. I can't recommend the recipe enough. It's SO good.  It's not a huge cake.  Just big enough. 

The recipe suggested using a pie pan, so I pulled out my Pampered Chef deep dish pie pan. 


I regret not trying to make this sooner. The flavor is SO good. I did forget cherries. I'm okay without the cherries.


I would love to try making an upside down cake with another fruit, using this same cake recipe. 

On the weather front (you see what I did there?!) it did snow today.  Not as much as the weather people were saying.  No big fluffy snow flakes.  More like hard little pebbles.  Took a while before it started sticking. 


Can you see my greenhouse?

It's still standing.  I went out there, to check things out and pop the snow off the roof. I was sort of hoping that the greenhouse would magically be 15 degrees warmer in there.  No dice. I'm still pondering a few ideas for capturing heat in there.  I asked a question in a Facebook group and someone mentioned a hot bed. It's something I'll have to look into. 

In the meantime, my plants are safely tucked inside the house. 


I've started obsessively checking the forecast for the next week. Not much for sun and high temps in the lower to mid-30s next week.  The week after looks more promising. 

Photo challenge day 12 - "Enjoy"

I enjoy blue skies and clouds. 

No comments: