Wednesday, April 8, 2020

So I'm a bit tired ...

Today was a busy day for me, again. 

The day was gorgeous and I was out hitting it fairly early. 

I split wood.  I moved wood so it could be split. It was all mostly heavy pieces. A couple were so heavy that I did that comical step back a few steps thing. I'm glad I was wearing workboots and not my nikes. ... 

I also seem to be on a mission to clear out some areas on the property.  Taking it back, I tell myself.

Really all I'm wanting to do is clear out some areas, in the hopes the chickens will explore those areas and do some landscaping for me. I have this grand plan playing out in my mind's eye.  They will "explore" these new areas and scratch the heck out of it all, looking for bugs.  


I did some clearing at the top of the hill that leads to the pond. It's already made a big difference. My son was looking down at the pond and spotted a pair of ducks cruising around. 

A lot of raspberry cane weeds have been chopped down for this dream of mine.  I am done with those things. 

In any case, I know the overall "grand" plan won't happen overnight or even this year. I'm learning to be patient with all things horticultural. 

The chicken coop was also cleaned out.  I roped my son into helping me. 

Weather the rest of this week is supposed to be crap, so I thought I'd get to this while I could (still had energy). However, depending on what the weather actually turns out to be, I may have another project in mind to work on. We shall see. 

We are still on baby bun watch. 

Photo challenge, day 8 - "Friendship"

Part of the flock checking out one of the areas I cleared out. I encouraged them to come on over by tossing some scratch out and calling "Treat!" 

Naturally the rooster took all the credit for creating the tidbits out of thin air. 



I found this gem on the interwebs today:

No comments: