Monday, April 6, 2020

The weather man lied

Today was supposed to be overcast and rain. The day wound up being sunny and beautiful. A high in the mid-50s. In short, a lovely day. 

During my lunch break I went out in the back 20 and took care of some brush clearing I started this past weekend. Now we have a trail we can follow from one side of the property to the other.  Now almost all areas are accessible. 


It doesn't look like much now but it will make all the difference this summer and next fall. 


There is still a decent amount of snow back there. And brown. ... 

I was pretty close to my deer blind so went to see how it fared over the winter.  It could have been worse, but it was still standing. The blind is frozen to the ground so I couldn't give it a full checkup. 

I did spot this little creature. Moth? Interesting sign of spring. I hope it's not a bad moth. 


When I was doing chicken chores this morning I stopped to say "hi" to Thor.  I set the fermented feed bucket down, not realizing Feffer was free and wild this morning. 


Silly bun!  He knows what the blue bucket means.  I thought he was in the coop, keeping vigil with Shadow.  As of the time of my writing this, we are still on baby bun watch. Feffer is a good father. He stays close to Shadow. 

I sold a few more chicks today.  The gal that came out took one look at me and said "I know you!" I said she needed to remind me, cause I was drawing an absolute blank.  She said she went to school with me and what her name was in high school.  Wow! It had been years since I saw her.  Hair style and color was different.  It was fun to see her. We didn't hang in the same circles, but I remembered her as being a really sweet gal.  Both of us were pretty introverted in school. 

Photo challenge 6 - "Giant"

This petite little pine is growing out of a huge, dare I say "Giant," tree stump that is in my front yard. 



No comments: