Thursday, April 30, 2020

Sunny Thursday

I don't remember exactly what the temperature was when I woke up. In the lower 40s Fahrenheit. 

We had a visit from some of the neighborhood deer gang.



What else ... Well, the plants in the greenhouse were looking pretty sharp this morning. 


I hauled out my pepper plants and my seedlings out this morning.  I'd say this is starting to look like a typical greenhouse.  There's a catchall corner, even! 

I have more water bottles to haul out there. I still need to plant other seeds.  Maybe this weekend. 

The decision was made to leave everything in the greenhouse tonite.  I looked at the lows for the night and they aren't anywhere near freezing.  Not gonna like, I am a bit nervous. The water bottles seem to be helping keep the temperature up. 

I was catching up on some gardening emails this morning and came across an article that discussed which direction your greenhouse should go. I'm wondering if I should have oriented this greenhouse in a different direction.  Things are still doing awesome, but I wonder if things would go even better if it was turned differently.

The tomatoes are looking so good. 


Especially this one. 


These are all roma tomatoes.  I learned those are determinate plants so they probably won't grow ginormous.  Though that would have been fun to see!

All the babies in the little coop are still segregated to their own corners. 

"We are just little babies.  We wouldn't hurt anyone."


"Those little guys scare us!"


A few more days and the little ones will be snuggled under the big chicks. 

I was really rocking it this morning before work.  Either that or I forgot to do something. 

In any case, I decided it was a good time to make a bundt.  


The recipe I used came from "Tastes better from Scratch," and it a copycat recipe from "Nothing Bundt." Which, from what I can tell, is a franchise cake company that I've never heard of until about three months ago. 

It's a good recipe.  Definitely takes care of any chocolate cravings a person might have.  My son loved it and said I should definitely make it again. 

The other "exciting" thing I did today was cleaning the house exterior. It's a project that started a few weeks ago by my husband and son. I thought I got it all done today.  Then walked around the house and realized one whole wall was missed. Drat! I know what I'll be doing this weekend. 

Then I had the boy use the leaf blower to get the oak leaves out of the landscaping rocks around the house.  The leaves aren't so bad, but those pine needles! They stick in everything. 

I forgot to take an update photo of The Grass Project. My son has been faithfully watering it a few times every day. No grass sprouting just yet.  Maybe we haven't had enough days of warm weather? 

In any case, I'm glad to see my son starting this project and seeing it through.  No one told him to do this.  I don't know that I would have bothered to do all he did to prep the areas. I'm proud of him. 

2 comments:

Kelsbels said...

Love the Nothing Bundt cakes and was going to say that’s exactly what your cake looked like!

Amnicon Studio said...

I have no idea where I heard about this Nothing Bundt :-). Must have been in a facebook group.