Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A *beautiful* day

Today was my work-at-home day.  It was a good day for it.  The sun was out and the temps hit over 60 degrees F.  I had the windows open ALL DAY.   It was fabulous!

We let the Wynadotte sleep in the little coop outside, with the babies.  No one was very happy with that arrangement and when I did let them all out the Wynadotte went running to her brethren, and probably telling tells of woe and sorrow.

When I opened up the little coop to scoot the babies out there was an egg and I said "Wow there's an egg!"  My son thought one of the babies laid it.  He was surprised.

Sometime around 5 p.m. it clouded up and we had a brief rain shower.  *They* are telling us that we are going to have all night rain and possibly thunderstorms. 

When I let the babies out all except Grandma's baby went out.  You could tell she wanted to go out but she was too scared to make the leap of faith. Silly girl!


Now that this one has gotten bigger I see that she's not an exact copy of her mother.  She's still a pretty girl, right down to her feathered feet.


The babies mostly hung out by the coop except when they saw me throwing the bread out for the deer.


This one took forever to figure out how to get back into the coop.


As soon and my guy came home he got to working on the new turkey/guinea shelter again. 


The chickens are NOT afraid of the tools or the loud sounds.


And now we have a door! Right away the big girls were hanging out by it.  Maybe they think this is their "Summer estate."


Tonite I did make chocolate chip cookies for my boy.  He was thrilled to bits. 




Daily 5 of things that made me happy today
 
1. The temps hit 66 today.  
 
2. How happy I made my son when I made the cookes. 
 
3. Having the windows open.
 
4. I did have time for knitting today. 
 
5. Grandma gave us another egg today. 

No comments: