Monday, May 5, 2014

Calm day

Today was publication day.   We got done about four hours earlier than usual. 

Went to Menard*s after work and picked up some lumber.  Me and my little Prius are quite the oddity in the lumber yard. I usually get looks from the security guards when I pull up.

Got home and took care of the babies.  Tomorrow I'll try and get some photos of Elvis' babies.  I think they are starting to feather out.  Elvis didn't act like a mama grizzly this afternoon when I changed the water and filled the food dish.  It was a nice change.

My guy did more work on the new turkey and guinea shelter.  I trimmed some scrub stuff behind the chicken coop.  I tried to encourage the big babies to come out of their coop but I think they are still freaked out that the world is so much bigger than their space. 

Red jumped in with them for a bit and my poor Buck freaked out and ran into the shelter.  He's been thoroughly cowed by the big girls. I think he's going to need something to boost his confidence.

Meanwhile the deer came back.  It looks like we have a herd of six coming through on their rounds.  I went out and threw some bread.  They don't have much trust in me yet but they did get close. One came up to the "pond" in front and was drinking. I grabbed the camera to take a picture but then the deer trotted away.


I took a whole bunch of pictures when the deer came back, then realized later that I didn't have the card in the camera.  Grrrr. I need to find the camera cord now.

Otherwise it has been a pretty quiet evening.



Daily 5 of things that made me happy today
 
1. Wrapped up the publishing day early.  Woo hoo!
 
2. The sun came out even though it was supposed to rain today. 
 
3. My boys are sprawled out in the living room and each one has a turkey to snuggle.  
 
4. Hearing the frogs tonite.
 
5. I cast on another bunny nugget tonite. 


1 comment:

Kelsbels said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Hope the rest of your week goes as smoothly!