Saturday, May 3, 2014

Happy 100th

Today is the 100th blog post for the year.  Pretty cool.

I started the day watching some cheesy television.


Land of the Lost, one of the cheesiest shows from my youth.  It's on MeTV Saturday mornings.

I posted this photo to my FB this morning and my SIL said my DH did a mean sleestak impression when he was a kid.

Then we ran to town and got all kinds of supplies at Menard*s.  We also got a wheelbarrow, which I was lucky enough to be the one to put it together. 


Some more firewood was got today.  This stuff is pretty good.  What a difference it makes to have truly aged stuff versus what someone claims is aged for the correct amount of time. 

 Then we had company come over.  Our company and DH went out cruising on the ATV trails and did all kinds of guy things.



While they were gone I decided to put the wheelbarrow together. I've never put a wheelbarrow together.  Not gonna lie, it sucked.  Then I couldn't get the very last screw in no matter how hard I tried. 


Figured I'd leave that and the final tightening of all the bolts to my DH when he came back from ATV riding.  When he came back he got the bolt in and handed me the tool needed to tighten everything down.  *sigh* Very happy to see it completed.


The sun did come out today.  It felt SO good. After getting the wheelbarrow together I dragged a lounger out to the back yard and basked in the sun for a while.


I almost feel asleep but the chickens kept making noises. My ladies had a glorious day outside.  Brewster was wore out by the end of it.  He's very good at keeping an eye on them. I've noticed that he makes sure they are all in and then makes one last round outside to make sure the girls are all in the coop.  Then he goes in.


And this is the start of a new project tomorrow.  This is the roof to the shelter for the turkeys and guineas, once the weather is nice enough for all the babies to be outside.


The posts were set tonite.  I'm sure my guy will be up at 5 a.m. and out by 6 a.m. and working on this.  It will make me feel like such a slacker!

Mr. Duck was out in the yard this morning but I haven't seen it since about 8 a.m. I'm guessing he went back home.

No knitting was done tonite.  For whatever reason I feel just wiped out. 

Daily 5 of things that made me happy today

1. We had some really nice weather today.

2. The first smoked pork roast of the season. Mmmm :-)

3. How good my little man has been about handling the baby chickens and turkeys.  It's good for them to get some human interaction.

4. The lovely fire that is going in the woodstove tonite.

5.  Getting to spend time outside today.

No comments: