Sunday, March 23, 2014

Friday's snow storm

Today was a pretty low key day.  We got up. We went to Hayward.  Came back.  Wood was cut and split but I was let off the hook this time, (Thank you dear!)

I puttered around the house and mostly hung out in the living room and enjoyed my new wood stove.

Here is it in action.  It's a Drolet Myraid High Effeciency Wood stove.  Best reviews for it are here


We are very happy with it so far.

I did do a tad bit of knitting this evening, but not much.  The wrist started aching again.

Since I was such a slacker today it is the perfect time to share a bunch of the photos I took on Friday during the snow and when we had a break in the snow.

When it first started snowing. 


When I went out into the living room and saw just how fluffy those flakes were.


It's a winter wonderland out there.


After we had a break in the snow and I ventured outside.








Apple tree

Chicken coop

Backyard

Towards the Jack Pines

Tree next to the driveway

Snow covered log pile

Poor mailbox.  I had to shovel but it was too late.  Mailman had already gone by

Hawk or Golden Eagle.  It was flying low.

Very pretty


The snow was clinging to the branches and then dropping off in big clumps

Somewhere in that field is my garden, under 3 feet of snow.

Tree behind the coop


Daily 5 of things that made me happy today

1. Having a relatively low key day

2. Homemade root beer floats.

3. My wood stove.  I have a feeling it's gonna be on my list for a bit :-)

4. Chatting with friends about cookware.

5. Hearing my little boy roo crowing this a.m.  He's getting the hang of it. 

No comments: