Sunday, March 16, 2014

The shed is done!

Woo hoo!  The shed is done! My guy got up and got going on this before I dragged my sorry self out of bed.  The sun was shining and made it easier to get outside and get going.  For him anyways.  Me, I was pouting a bit because it was only in the 10s F outside.

I did some gofer work for him again today.  I also learned what it's called when you haul shingles up on the roof.  Yup, I hauled shingles up on the roof. That is hard work and I ruined my gloves doing it.

Here I am all happy it's done.


My guy was all "Aren't you going to move at all?"  So I did. :-)


Once the weather really does warm up and the snow melts a bit I'll be able to paint the shed to match the house.  The corners also need to be put on but that is minor details.  What's important is all our equipment is once again safe from the elements AND we have a bit more storage space. 




In other news, it's back to work tomorrow.  There is also talk about more snow being on it's way. So not cool.

I'm also thinking of a project for myself and my son to do together.  Since the garden bug has now bit me I bought some herb seeds a week or so ago, much to my guys chagrin.  But I have no containers to plant them in.  I am subscribed to a newsletter that gave me an idea yesterday: Upcycle tin cans.

I did some goggling and found a website that had a way to decorate the cans that I liked, but I'm not set on anything.  I don't have the cans just yet. I *could* use some of my precious mason jars.  But, but those are my mason jars and I may need them to can.  I mentioned to DH that I'll have to start keeping my eyes open for canning jar sales and he said to me, "Don't we have enough jars already?"  Um, no.  You can never have too many jars. Thinking you have enough jars will only lead to trouble and heartache. 

Daily 5 of things that made me happy today

1. The shed is done!

2. Almond milk

3. Egg production seems to be up again.  I heard one of my girls doing her "I've got to lay an egg" song.  Because she sounded distressed, Brewster was out in the pen making all kinds of noises.  Then he crowed as if to say "She's having my baby!" or egg as it were.

4.  Hot chocolate.  I broke down and bought some instant.  It's not the same as homemade now that I'm used to drinking the good stuff.

5. Goose down pillows.

1 comment:

Kelsbels said...

The shed looks great! I can't believe how fast he works!!