Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturdays are for Sunshine and shed building

Today I woke up to glorious sunshine. I bummed around the house for about an hour and enjoying my coffee before I got dressed and ventured outside.

This is what I saw:


Icicles to remind me that winter still has it's grip on us.  The photo doesn't show just how sparkly the icicles were in the sunlight.

Then when I looked to the left, over and yonder, this is what I saw:



All the walls to the new shed were up. I sometimes forget how quick my guy works.  He'd been out for at least two hours (but don't quote me on that).

I spent the majority of the day being his gofer and extra "muscle" when needed.

About mid-morning there was a "thwunk" and my DH noticed that a woodpecker flew into the window next to the garage.  


Mr. Woodpecker was carefully carried over to the woodpile so he could be in the sun and be safe while he recovered from being stunned.


He seemed to enjoy the spot. Mr. Woodpecker was there for a while.  I walked over there to check on him and he popped up and flew to a different spot in the woodpile.


After 4 p.m., maybe closer to 5 p.m. we called it a day and got ready to head to Menard*s.  Here's the progress for the day.


The new shed feels a LOT more spacious than the old garden shed. It certainly will be able to withstand a lot more. No dings in the roof from dropping acorns!


Daily 5 of things that made me happy today

1. How quickly the shed is going up!

2. Waking up to the sun shining in my bedroom.

3. Found something new on Netflix that my son enjoys.  "Dinosaurs" that used to be on ABC.

4. Now that it's "warmer" outside the furnace isn't turning on quite as much

5. Real mashed potatoes. 


No comments: