Saturday, March 22, 2014

The woodstove is all ready to go!

The big news of the day -- the wood stove is fully installed!

Yesterday the installer came and started it, but wasn't able to finish thanks to the wonderful snow storm we had. (Photos to follow in tomorrow's post. I got some pretty images of the snow)

This morning he came and finished it up while the family was splitting wood.


The lighting was really poor so the color work doesn't really pop in this photo. 

Here's our very first fire.  It is super duper cozy and warm.  Really warm.  I'm not used to the house being up much over 60 degrees F in the winter so I feel like I'm sitting and getting sun rays.  It's wonderful.


Speaking of sun.  We got quite a bit of sun today.  Our solar panels hit over 1100 watts at one point and we were able to get a photo of it. 
 
1100 watts, on record

It was a full day.  I woke up and got out of bed at 6 a.m.  After my son got up and I made us pancakes for breakfast, we went out and split wood.  Let me tell you, after the last few nice days, temp-wise, this morning was a bit of a rude awakening. We survived though. I did managed to strain my wrist again.  Not happy about that.

Daily 5 of things that made me happy today

1. The wood stove is all done!

2. All that lovely sunshine today

3. How scratch grains for chickens is like catnip for cats.

4. How toasty, cozy my spot in the living room is.

5. Listening to happy music while admiring my new wood stove. 


1 comment:

Kelsbels said...

Love the wood stove! You'll definitely be loving it more and more in the years to come!