Saturday, December 30, 2023

A lazy-ish Saturday

 I slept pretty good last night and woke up feeling somewhat refreshed. 

I spent some time knitting on my Harvest Cardigan, while watching Woody Woodpecker on MeTv. 


By the light of one low light, and watching the sky slowly brighten to a dull grey. 

There wasn't too much on the to-do list today.  

Late in the morning my hubby and I went tromping in to the cedar woods and looked around for some downed cedars. 


The trees we took samples have been down for around 10 years, if not longer.  

We took those samples and my husband knocked some chunks out of them and we got to see how good the wood is. 

Like it had been cut down yesterday. 



So pretty!


A couple years ago I had to go to one of the home improvement stores and pick out cedar planks for our sauna.  It was really hard to find cedar that looked as nice as what we just pulled out of our woods. 


Hubby and I are going around and around a potential homestead-y project, and use wood harvested from our land.  We are still going around and around, pondering it. 

Otherwise, it's been a fairly quiet Saturday. It snowed a bit. We did some hunting. Nothing to report there. 

Tomorrow I'm sure I'll have more on my to-do list, and speaking of lists, I'll be working on my goals for 2024 list. 


2 comments:

Becky G said...

That cedar looks great! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Amnicon Studio said...

Thanks. We are still pondering and wonder. :-)