Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Snow and a finished object! Woo hoo!

 We woke up to a bit of snow on the ground this morning. 


Just a covering. ... 


Yeah, and the lighting was funky this morning. 


I feel so bad for the chickens. No matter what this season they can't have a dry coop run. 

My weekly trip to town was today. I would have gone yesterday, but I didn't want to deal with potential crowds. 


When I came back, I had lunch and took a quick cat nap.  

Then I played in the kitchen for the afternoon. 

I made a "sweet" cheeseball for my hubby.  

He said he liked this one better than the one I made for Christmas.  Woo hoo! 

And I just realized I didn't take a photo of it. 

I did take a photo of the cheeseball I was re-tweaking. 


I mixed the cream cheese for both cheeseballs until it was light and fluffy. 

While I was being all domestic and making and baking I was watching a garden show on Amazon Prime. 


I thought the closed caption caught was funny. 

Banana bread was made, too. 


In mini loaf pans because they are so fancy and pinky up. 


Yum!  It is tasty! 

This is what the front yard looked like this afternoon. 


My back yard. 


There was something pretty going on with the sky.  The sun kept trying to peek out and I thought it would win.  It did not. 


This evening I finished up the project I've been working on.  Could you tell from yesterday's photo what the project might be? 

It is a kitty cat


Maybe not the best lighting for her. 

Let's try this one. 


This is the biggest plush toy I've made with the chenille-type yarn. 

It was not easy to work with as you might think it will be. Especially if you have to unto stitching when you are sewing parts on.  And she's supposed to have a donut treat.  I'm not making one.  Maybe down the road, if I saw a color yarn I thought would go well.  Right now the local walmart has white, pink and green yarn of this type. 

But I digress.  

I'm happy it's done.  I have a grand plan to make a second one. Both will be gifts. 








2 comments:

Becky G said...

Yay for snow!

I was going to make a cheeseball for Christmas Eve, but then Cody wanted cream cheese pie, so I had to use the cream cheese for that.

Anyway, I got the recipe from the wife of a guy I served in the Navy with. It's one 8 oz cream cheese, 1 package thin sliced beef lunch meat (She said Carl Buddig, but I imagine any brand will do), 3-4 chopped green onions, and two tablespoons Worchestershire sauce (you can adjust that to taste). That's it. It's always been a favorite around here.

Your banana bread looks good, too. I was going to make some, but didn't get around to it.

Amnicon Studio said...

I will have to give this one a try!

The banana bread is good! Not too sweet.