Friday, December 29, 2023

Northwoods weather

 Yesterday I woke up to a combo of ice and snow that was sticking to everything. 


When I went out to the back 20 it was so pretty. This blog post is going to be photo-heavy. 









I took a short video while I was out there.  The squirrels were running around and making all kinds of noises.  I'm not sure if I was able to record the noises. 



I saw this fella outside one of my windows, enjoying a snack. I thought it would make a neat photo. 


And then, in the early afternoon, the sun came out and the snow and ice mixture started melting. 


When you looked in the other direction, the sky looked completely different. 



Something neat happened when the sun hit the trees in the front yard. The sun started melting all the snow and ice in the trees and turned the frost on the tree trunks to steam.


This morning we woke up to more frost. 



Brrr!



You ever see something and think "Wow, that's so pretty!" and try to take a photo of it? 

That happened to me this morning. 


Sun shining bright behind the trees, and there was a mist in the air. 

The sun wouldn't let the camera on my phone focus. 


I ended up having to move until the sun was behind the trees. 

Frost on the leaves. 


Speaking of leaves, I gave Feffer some fresh oak leaves this morning and he was happy as can be. 


Last night I spent some time in the craft room drawing lines on pieces of fabric. Then I placed them together and stuck them with pins. 

A project I'm hoping to have done by the end of January.  Would be great if it was completed sooner. 



Today was a pretty quiet day, and it went quickly. My hubby was able to leave work early and we went out hunting this afternoon.  All I saw was a squirrel. 

This evening I knit a bit on my Harvest Cardigan. 

I'm also pondering a goal list for 2024.  Last year I tried a list and failed miserably.  I think I may have been dreaming too big.   Minimal is attainable. 

















No comments: