Thursday, December 21, 2023

Happy winter solstice

 The first day of winter.  It kind of did not disappoint in terms of darkness in the morning and how quickly it got dark in the evening. 

I've been seeing some pretty images on Facebook today, noting the day. 



The daytime part, however, was decidedly *not* winter-like. At one point the temperatures were in the upper 30s Fahrenheit.  And it's so brown out there.  I think I may be missing the snow. It's been decades since we last had a winter with no snow.


It was kind of a meh day, with a bit of craziness thrown in. Tomorrow is an early publishing day and we were scrambling to get stuff done today so there's an easy day tomorrow. 

I did work on my mitten tonite, while watching Alone: UK.  Those guys swear A LOT. Like, way more than necessary. 

I'm working on the convertible part of the mitten now.  

Oh, remember yesterday my mentioning "Speaker for the Dead?" I got the idea to request the audiobook from the library. There's a 16-week wait on it.  I couldn't believe it! When did it suddenly get so popular? 



2 comments:

Becky G said...

It's been warm here, too. So warm, I'm not even feeling at all Christmassy. It's supposed to get up to nearly 70 tomorrow.

Amnicon Studio said...

It hit the 40s here today. Very cloudy, though.