Sunday, December 3, 2023

This Sunday was for harvesting firewood

 Our area has been experiencing some unseasonably warm weather.  We've had a little bit of snow but most of it melted.  I saw water dripping off the roof today. 

This morning my husband and I went out in to the back twenty to harvest a fallen maple tree. My hubby has had his eye on it for a while and explained that now was time to go cut and collect the wood. 


We spent some time clearing a path.  My hubby was way ahead of me, cutting things down with the chainsaw while I was clearing up the mess. 


Forty-five minutes, or so, later and we were at the fallen beast. 


Vroom, vroom, vroom! 

At one point, I was so busy admiring how my husband was wielding the chainsaw that I nearly forgot to pick up the cut wood and load it into the trailer. 

In the middle of nowhere, a critter decided to walk on this log, instead of the ground.  Can you see the foot prints? 


I thought it might have been a squirrel but the prints don't seem quite right. 

We stuck close to home again, today.  I do have a photo leftover from yesterday, when we were tromping through the public woods yesterday. 


Turkey tails? 

The only other things of interest today was my starting a new batch of sourdough starter. Last weekend I started up a batch and something went awry with it four days in. 

Wish me luck!


This evening I started one of the ornaments that I wanted to start last night. 


Snowman in a globe. I'm hoping I can complete it tomorrow. And then maybe cruise along with the other 11 ornaments. 

12 Days of Stitchy ornaments
Started: Dec. , 2023
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Erica Made Designs
Fabric: 14 count aida opalescent
DMC floss in called for colors: 3862, 498, 470, 472, 598, 761, 745, 844, B5200
Needle Size: 26
Made For: Myself. 


2 comments:

Becky G said...

Mmmm, I love sourdough bread, but with it being just me, I don't really see the need to try to keep a starter going. I've tried before, but ended up throwing it out.

Amnicon Studio said...

My last starter I let go. I did put it in the fridge and kept it for a while. I'm kicking myself now because it was a good one. I think this is my third time trying a starter.