Saturday, December 23, 2023

You don't have to be a fast knitter ...

 You just need to be dedicated and knit a LOT. 

Last night I had two inches of the mitten cuff.  


This morning I got up, wiped the bleariness from my eyes and had a cup of coffee.  

Then I started knitting.  

Don't remember how long I knit.  The day had to be started. And I was hungry. 

Then we ran to town. 

I didn't have to drive, so I brought the mitten. 


I knit on the way to town, and on the way home. 

When I got home, I did house-y things, like cleaning up the kitchen and ... I don't remember what else. 

Then I took a nap. 

Then I got up and got ready for hunting. 


Another time of it being so quiet out there that my ears were ringing. 

The temperature this afternoon ... unreal. I saw bugs flying around.  BUGS! on Dec. 23. 


I had immediate regrets that I didn't bring the mitten with me.  I could have knit and not have worried about my hands getting cold. 

And ... unfortunately my hunting time was cut short. 

Someone decided to empty a magazine of something that was not .22 ammo a little too close for comfort.  

I was reading a book on my kindle app when I heard "bang, bang, bang, bang ... etc.," and it felt stupidly close to where I was sitting.  My hubby said it sounded like it was right by him. 

So ... if anything might have been coming our way, it obviously took off and left the area. 

We came back to the house and had supper. 

Then ... I started knitting.  I knit and I knit. And I knit. 

And now I am done!


Just in time. 

2 comments:

Becky G said...

The mittens look great! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Amnicon Studio said...

Merry Christmas to you too!