Monday, December 4, 2023

I see bubbles!

Monday ... There isn't much to say about the day itself. It was a publishing day and I made it through! 

The chickens are mad at me because I haven't let them out in several days. 

Feffer, the mini rex, acted like he didn't know me. 

That's okay. Tomorrow I'll be forgiven for not letting the chickens out, and Feffer will decide he needs to do a quick snuggle up by me before bounding off to his hidey-hole. 

I'm pretty sure that earlier in the day I had an idea of how to approach today's writing.  Right now, at 9:15 p.m., not so much. 

Sorry. 

Around the noon hour I paid attention to my sourdough starter. The whole discard and feed thing. 

I took at peek at it tonite.  

She's starting to grow.  Just a little bit. 


And we have some bubbles! 


My last fat quarter solids club bundle arrived today. I canceled my subscription as soon as I received the shipping notice. 


Maybe tomorrow I'll pick out the colors I want for this last block and iron and cut the pieces needed. 

I've had the fat quarter bundle club for the last two years.  I think I'm set for fabric for now.  I know, crazy talk, right!

Oh! I just remembered something I wanted to mention.  Yesterday my husband and I decided to take stock of garden seeds in my collection and we placed an order for hot peppers. 

More Carolina Reapers, and some I haven't tried before. 

Trinidad scorpion, Scotch bonnet orange pepper, Dynamite XX Hot green chili, and some hatch green x hot, rattlesnake green.  Don't they sound fantastic?

I also ordered some shishito peppers because I kept hearing about them last year on some of the youtube channels I follow.  

Come January a ton of my attention is going to be focused on seed starting, planning and setting up for getting everything started. 

Now, even, my attention is starting to turn back to gardening.  I'm starting to watch more garden shows, and some garden-content youtube channels.  

So yeah, seed starting is practically around the corner. 

*ahem*  

I have almost everything I need, save some soil for seed blocking.  Maybe a few more tomato seeds. I'll purchase those at Menards when seeds become. 

Oh, I just remembered onion sets.  I'll probably need to get onion sets.  

In other news, I finished the ornament I was working on. 



It is wee and adorable!





12 Days of Stitchy ornaments
Started: Dec. 3, 2023
Finished: Dec. 4
Designer/Source: Erica Made Designs
Fabric: 14 count aida opalescent
DMC floss in called for colors: 3862, 498, 470, 472, 598, 761, 745, 844, B5200
Needle Size: 26
Made For: Myself. 





1 comment:

Becky G said...

Yay for bubbles! And your ornament is so cute!