Monday, December 18, 2023

Monday, monday ...

 Monday ... *sigh* I sometimes wish Monday's didn't have such a reputation. 

First day of an abbreviated publishing cycle.  Pages that I can normally pull together in 15 minutes took forever.  They were seriously fussy. I had to rip pages apart and put copy on different pages to get things to layout okay. 

We had a bit of snow last night and it stuck. It's the dry, pelleted type of snow. Combined with strong winds and it made for this girl not wanting to go outside more than she had to. 

I was mildly productive with a few things today. 


The green wool yarn has been caked up and it ready to go and be made into convertible mittens. 

I'm still working with my sourdough, waiting for it to get nice and bubbly.  I still haven't done any research on how to maybe boost an make the starter nice and perky. 

However, I did use some discard to make crackers


Oh my gosh, I'm in LOVE with these things. 


I don't think I can eat too many at a time, though.  It's like potato chips. I used Italian herbs.  I'm going to try something new for the next batch.  

This morning I found the pink yarn I misplaced.  Turns out I put it in a project bag and tucked it away. 

This evening I started the project. 


Right now it makes me think of a big boob. Ha! It's going to be something cute, I promise!



6 comments:

Angelfire212 said...

If you use white flour to feed the starter, you might be able to give it a boost with rye or wheat. I heard the makes it very active!

Amnicon Studio said...

I'm using a whole wheat flour right now. I'm seriously wondering if it's the time of year and it not being warm enough for the starter to be really active.

Becky G said...

I don't know much about sourdough, but I think you might be right about it not being warm enough. I wonder if you put it on a heating pad or something, it might help.

I'm having the same trouble with my compost. It's composting, but it's going slower than I thought. I'm guessing it'll go much faster during the summertime when it's hot.

Amnicon Studio said...

I think I'm going to give up on the sourdough and try again in a few months. It's been going on way too long, in my opinion, and I'm just wasting flour.

@Becky, compost is a tricky thing, and you need to have the right mixture of greens and browns. I have compost piles all over and I just let them sit and start a new one.

Becky G said...

I do too. I have a pile in the corner that's been there since I moved into this house. I just keep adding to it. In my small tumbler, I've mostly got fallen leaves and kitchen scraps, but in the summer, I'll add grass clipping and weeds to it as well. Plus that good old southern sun ought to kick things into high gear!

Amnicon Studio said...

Sounds like you got a good set up. :-)