Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Busyish day, here

 Today was one of those days where I had a full to-do list, and was steadily busy from 7 a.m. til after supper. 

We are still having warm temps in my area. I took a long lunch and cleaned out the chicken coop for my girls.  

One barred rock kept popping her head into the coop, trying to figure out what I was doing, and if it was safe to go in.  I could tell she was thinking she could be really clever and run past me and out the open door, but she was terrified of the shovel. 

I also replaced the cover on my greenhouse. 


Way earlier in the year I was singing the praises of this greenhouse I got off Amazon a few years ago. 

Then we got a metric ton of snow and she couldn't take it anymore.  The zippers gave out on me. The frame is still solid. 

I have a lot of stuff stored in there. 



Off went the cover. 


It looks so different without the cover. 

She looks pretty with a "fresh coat of paint."


I'd say "I wonder if my husband will notice the new cover," but he reads my blog.  This will be a pleasant surprise for him. 

Speaking of surprises (ha, see what I did there?) I was surprised yesterday when I got an email notification that my seed order from MIGardener shipped.  I had totally forgotten I placed a small order when MIGardener had a 20 percent off seed sale for Cyber Monday, or whatever. 

*facepalm*

Seeds ordered were: 

Broccoli Rabe - Spring Rapini

Self blanching cauliflower

Mushroom red pepper

Big Jim pepper

Shishito peppers (I'm so set for these seeds now.)

Ghost peppers

Rutgers tomato

Tiny Tim tomato

Geranium Kiss tomato

Muncher cucumber

San Marzano tomato

Yeah ... I guess I'm totally set for seeds. Ooops.  What can I blame for forgetting the order? 

I also took a quick walk out to the back 20. The SD cards in the game cams needed to be swapped out. 


See? Still so much brown. 

Some neat things were seen. 







This evening, after dinner, clean up and doing some work-for-pay, I stitched a few threads on the ornament. Slow and steady.  I kind of wish I could just knock these out so I can FFO them and get them on the tree before Christmas. 


Yesterday I realized I "lost" my monkey sock project. This morning I remembered where I put it. I forgot I put it in a project bag. 


I need to give it some attention soon. 



1 comment:

Becky G said...

That's a cool little greenhouse! I want to get one someday, but getting the fences replaced is top priority just now -- and not because they're clearing the woods. It's been on the list since I moved into this house, and not having a dog just now makes it the perfect time. Now, if only my job would stabilize a bit, I'll feel comfortable spending the money to get it done.