Saturday, December 9, 2023

Christmas music and snow

 I have a Pandora music station that is all pretty choral Christmas music.  

Music like this: 


This morning I was in the kitchen, puttering around, getting lunch ready, and listening to this music.  

I realized the music just doesn't hit quite as good when there's no snow on the ground, or snow coming down. 

And then ... it snowed for a bit. 


Thankfully my husband and I got one of his projects knocked out before the snow started. 

We were in the back 20 taking down trees and clearing brush. 

I didn't take pictures of everything. Oops. 

This past spring we planted a few apple trees back there. Today he cut down a few popple trees that were blocking the sun for these apple trees this past summer. 






Continuing on the preparation for garden 2024, my husband made a soil sifter for me. 


Last year the hardest part of making soil blocks was the twigs in the soil mix. No more! 

Also, both the seed orders from MIGardener and Sandia seeds arrived. 

Woo hoo!



Is it crazy that I'm already thinking about starting seeds in January? 








1 comment:

Becky G said...

My brother loves King's College Cambridge! And yay for snow. It does make everything seem more Christmassy.