Sunday, December 17, 2023

Nap-attacked

 Both yesterday and today I was nap-attacked and wound up taking naps that were at least an hour long.

Change in the weather?  Or that I "peopled" on Friday and it wore me out?  Maybe both. 

We are continuing on our trend of weather that isn't acting like it should for this time of year. 

This morning it snowed. 

Big fat, wet-looking flakes. 


By late afternoon it was mostly gone. 


I was having a chat with one of my friends and she mentioned chili.  Suddenly that was all I could think of eating.  It sounded so good.  I didn't want to make a whole back of chili.

Then I remembered I had canned up some chili and put it up in the pantry. 

Woo hoo!  Canned foods for the win!


But, really, though ... today has been a really quiet day.  I did a little knitting.  Tidied up the kitchen. 

Went out hunting this afternoon. 


Not even a squirrel. 

Hunting season is coming to a close very soon.  I'm grateful I filled my antlerless tag, but this could be the first year since my first year hunting that I don't get a buck. 

Then I did a little stitching this evening. 


Can you guess? 

Oh, earlier today my husband and I figured out the yardage on one of the skeins of yarn I got from Temu. 

It's disappointing. Course now I don't remember the yardage for a single skein. 


I think for the entire 5-pack it's more than 600 yards. Not enough to do a sweater, right?  A person would need 10 of these skeins, or two packs, minimum to make a sweater. 

Sooooo ... I need to find a pattern that I can make with two colors. Not necessarily striped. Something to look for in the new year. 

Speaking of new years ... It's so close to the start of the new year.  Can you believe it? We are one week from Christmas. 

Remember this yarn?


I need to get my butt in gear and start making the gift I had planned to make with it. ... Only I can't find this yarn. Where did I put it? Ugh ... 

There's something else I want to make and have complete by next weekend. Cross stitch and the other things will be put on hold until I get these projects complete. 

In addition to wrapping up an issue.  We have a deadline on Friday. And making plans for the Christmas weekend, the big meal and all. 






No comments: