Friday, December 22, 2023

Vacation time!

 Today was a good work day.  Wrapped up the paper on time, and I was able to take care of a few other things before I signed off for no work for the rest of the year.  

Funny how long that sounds until you think of what the date is and how close we are til the end of the year. 

My hubby has a long weekend and I don't kow what my son's work schedule is for next week. I've taken vacation time next week. 

I hopped on to the library Overdrive to find an audiobook to listen to. The few that I were interested in are checked out.  Others I can't remember the name of, or the author.  It doesn't help that I'm not sure what genre I want to listen to.  Anyone have any recommendations? 

This afternoon I went out hunting for a few hours. The weather today included fog, mist and touch of rain. 


Can you see how misty it is out there?  There was enough moisture in the air that it was dripping off the trees. 

It was also so quiet out there that my ears were ringing. Figure that one out. 

There was a weird incident when I was walking out to my blind. My husband heard it too, and neither one of us can quite figure it out.  It sounded like a drone flying overhead but we couldn't see it.  So bizarre. 

Anywho, I got myself all bundled up for going out there, even though it's probably the warmest it's been out there since September. 

I had my hot water bottle tucked into my coat and I even had my handknit mittens. 


My electric handwarmers were tucked in.  Those things were worth purchasing.. 

Alas, nothing came to my area.  Either the weather had them huddled down or they could sense I was there. Boo!  

This evening I finished the first mitten. It fits my husband perfectly. 


The second mitten has been cast on and about two inches of the cuff have be worked. I need to remember that I need to knit the convertible piece on the other side for this second mitten. 

I don't know what tomorrow will be, but we will have a small family dinner on both Sunday and Monday. Which means I'll be busy in the kitchen. 

My friend Becky mentioned watching a few of the Christmas movies.  I realized I haven't watched any Christmas movies yet. 

This morning the links to three movies came across my view. Maybe I'll watch them this weekend? 


I don't know how to insert a dailymotion video into a blog post. 

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x57fkhi?fbclid=IwAR1lGDRAGhLDdMT73gIOvdLhIhNWfOezswm7_EOFae3hwikUjNBQFQs8NrY






1 comment:

Becky G said...

Heh, that's just what I'm doing today. Watching Christmas movies and baking cookies.