Monday, February 10, 2014

An uneventful day

Today was a fairly uneventful day.  It was also my 11th anniversary at my job.  It's amazing how much time has gone by.

The weatherman is promising us a warm up by the end of the week. Spring can't come soon enough!

I did some knitting today but I didn't read directions properly so I ended up ripping and tinking back so I've made zero progress today.

I stared at the baby chicks for a bit today.  So far I haven't got tired of seeing Elvis interact with her babies.  It's just like all the books, blogs and reading that I've done.  The babies watch mama intently and try to do what she does. My guy gave Elvis a treat tonite and she promptly shared it with the babies. It was mild chaos as they tried to follow by example and then a couple gave up and went over to the feed station.

Elvis has also flown the coop a couple times.  If I didn't have to worry about her going to the bathroom I'd let her stretch her legs for a bit.  But there is no way I'm going to try and clean chicken poo out of the carpet. 

Bread was made tonite. I forgot to add butter to the bread dough. It tastes fine. :-)


We spent the evening watching the Olympics.  It's all downhill stuff right now.  My son thought he'd try sleeping out in the living room.  That didn't last long. He gave up after 10 minutes, I think.  Went to his room and crawled into bed with his rice pack.

Don't take my picture!
Daily 5 of things that made me happy today

 1. That is *was* such an uneventful day.  I needed it to recoup after the busy weekend.

2. Seeing Elvis share her treat with her babies.

3. Supper tonite.  Pork ribs and sauerkraut in the crockpot with steamed asparagus.  Mmmm.

4. Getting to see almost a whole evening of Olympics. 

5. The oranges I picked out this week.  They are GOOD.



2 comments:

Kelsbels said...

Happy anniversary with your job! :) 11 years is a good long haul.

And I'd definitely say you deserved a low key day. :)

Kelsbels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.