Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Nice weather giving me spring fever

Today we hit a high that was almost 40 degrees F.  Incredible! The sun was shining, the snow was melting. There was that certain smell in the air that makes you think of spring and all that goes with it.  It was a day I could have happily spent the whole day outside.

Too bad I had to work. ...

This was on the way to latchkey this a.m.  The photo doesn't quite do justice to what I was seeing. 


The sun rising as I was leaving latchkey.


When I picked my son up at latchkey half the kids were outside playing in the snow. The kids are the little specks on the snow bank.


This morning my guy was snuggling with one of the grey chicks and I had an opportunity to snap a pic of it with it's wings stretched out.  You can see the feathers.  Tomorrow the babies will be two weeks old and they have so many feathers.


Tonite my son picked up and snuggled the lone black chick.  That little one wanted to sit on his shoulder, *not* snuggle and rest on my son's belly.  Naturally s/he pooed on my son before running up to sit on his shoulder. Little stinker!


No knitting done tonite. Yesterday I signed up for a dishcloth swap and I need to come up with a proper pattern for that.  I'm excited for it.  I haven't done a swap for a while and the person I was assigned is one of my knitsibs. I will be taking a break from the shawl to work on the dishcloth.  Then back to the shawl. It will be good for me, to take a break from the shawl.

I got some sad news tonite.  Someone contacted me and let me know their pup died tonite. The pup had a good life and was a wonderful animal.  I trusted my son around that dog completely. Not something I can say about all the dogs and cats I've known since I had my son. M will be missed greatly.



 Daily 5 of things that made me happy today
 
1. The temps hit 39 degrees today!
 
2. I got my guy's phone set up and going for him. We both have been waiting for him to be able to use his new phone. 
 
3. I was able to go out to the coop and not have to bundle up. 
 
4. I got a brand new library card today
 
5. Elvis seems to be part of the pack again.  She was hanging out with Brewster today.





1 comment:

Kelsbels said...

So sad on the loss of the dog. It's heartbreaking to lose a pet. :(

We hit 47 here today! It was wonderful!!!