Friday, February 21, 2014

We survived the great blizzard of '14

The snow really started coming down last night and while we were sleeping enough snow came down and blanketed us with more than a foot of snow.

I was expecting a torrent of snow for most of yesterday afternoon and evening. The kind of storm that I watched from my window and was thankful I was indoors.

This storm came in all sneaky after dark.  This is just a handful of the photos I took today.

Snow blowing the area in front of the house.


My guy showing how tall the snow pile is.  He's over six feet tall.


View of the house from the end of the driveway.  The plow didn't go by until 11 a.m. or so.


Taken at the end of my driveway.  This is a tree on the neighbor's land. 


One of the trees in the back yard.  The snow in the back yard has to be close to four feet deep in some areas. 


Pine trees in the front yard. I think they look pretty grand. 


My poor car and truck were buried in snow. 


This was when we were walking back from the end of the driveway. As soon as we saw how deep the snow was, there was no point in staying out.  NO ONE on the road was going to be able to leave their house until the plow cleared our road. 


The house with it's new snow blanket on the roof.  My guy had shoveled the day before yesterday.  There's at least a foot of new snow up there.


My son got a kick out of climbing up the big snow hills.  There is a massive one at the end of the driveway. 


 Here I am standing in front of the pile that is in front of the house. There was mild talk about digging a fort in that pile.




 Daily 5 of things that made me happy today

1. That even though my guy had to leave me for a while today, he came back safe and sound.

2. I currently have bread in the oven baking.

3. Knitting *was* done today, but not as much as I would have liked.

4. The ability to work from home during weather like this.

5. My big comfy blue cowl.  It's great for a day like today. 

No comments: