|"I will chew you up and spit you out"|
This was one of the piles that was split. After I took the image there was a second pile about that size. I put together a log rack and we hauled the split wood out and stacked it up. The whole family got in on the fun.
And, because I'm a dork, I made my DH make a video. Cause that's what you do when you get a new log splitter, I think :-).
While I was getting ready to go out to the garage and help with the wood splitting my son exclaimed "Mom! I hear chirping!"
"I heard chirping!"
I ran over to Elvis' box and listened. Sure enough! Baby chick chirps!. One of the sweetest sounds ever!
After a while we heard chirping again and because we are first time parents with hatching eggs DH took a peek and saw the egg had a dime sized hole in it and could see black with red tipped feathers. That sneaky Blackie got one of her eggs under Elvis. Blackie is an Americana.
A little while later I took a quick video.
A short time later, that little baby was out of it's shell and Elvis didn't know what to make of it. She scooted her body over her/him and is keeping her new baby warm. I tried to take photos but it's hard when you don't want to use a flash to disturb a new mama.
|"Why can't the paparazzi leave me alone?"|
|That little dark lump is the baby chick. Awww :-)|
1. I rocked it at work today and got a whole mess of stuff done. Go me!
2. Elvis' first egg hatched. I can't wait to see that fuzzy little baby running around the brooder box.
3. I had some awesome tasting chili for lunch today.
4. How babies bring out your sweet side. :-)
5. Root beer floats. Yes, we still have some homemade root beer left.