Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The cold is just not funny

I am currently drinking hot cocoa (homemade) and watching the Olympics.  Specifically, Shaun White biffing it BIG time on the half-pipe. He was incredibly gracious when the Russian guy won the gold. It will be interesting to see if he comes back in 2016 or not.

This a.m. I dragged my feet when it was time to go out and start the car.  I decided that it was just too cold out.  I was right.  My car said it was -22 degrees F out. Then to make it better I still had to haul the chicken feed and pine shaving out of my car.  Brrr.

Then, at the office, I could NOT shake the chills.  I had my heater turned on and I was wearing my office shawl and a pair of fingerless mitts.  STILL I wasn't warming up.

I took a pic and posted it on FB.  I told my friends that if I had a blanket I'd probably be wearing that too.


 I'm guessing that the wind was blowing just the right away and making the whole work building cold.

Came home to a perfectly made oven roasted chicken, courtesy of the delay feature on my stove.  One of the greatest inventions ever!  I even made some homemade gravy, which turned out pretty darn good. It all got eaten.

Speaking of chicken ...

A pic of Elvis and the babies tonite. The babies are even more active.  A few have discovered their wings so now they are flapping and jumping all over. Elvis has been taking any chance she can to jump up to the top of the tote but she usually jumps right back in -- unless she's worried she's going to land on the chicks.  Then someone has to go and usher them to the side and then Elvis pops right back in. 


As for my knitting I have conquered the section that was giving me fits!


I have now *finally* made it through four sections.  The last section I had royally messed up on and then had to rip back even further because my stitch count was off by one and I didn't if I could even make it work.


Tiny crosses you have not bested me today!

Too bad this has sucked up all my knitting time the last two days.


Daily 5 of things that made me happy today

1. Peanut butter and Dove chocolates. Need I say more?

2. The delay setting on my oven. It makes my life SO much easier during the week.

3. I rocked my knitting tonite.

4. The P & G Olympic commercial of the snowboarder. 

5. Listening to my son chatter about minecraft and that he found a server all on his own.



 

1 comment:

Kelsbels said...

I have the delay feature on my stove, but have always been fearful of leaving food in the oven for a long period of time. I might have to try it out one day.

And my girls are trying to make their own server for Minecraft. They are obsessed!