Thursday, January 30, 2014

A fairly uneventful day

Saturday is my son's birthday. He's going to be 9 years old and he is the light of my eye. Today I picked up one of those cupcake cake things so he can bring treats to school tomorrow.

 I was hoping they would have something Minecraft but this is pretty darn cute, too.


 After work today the whole family went to Home Depot and picked up a HomeLite electric log splitter. We were so eager to see how it worked that we used it in the kitchen. It's a snappy little thing.  I'm quite impressed.

 

We got it just in time. Tomorrow our order of wood will be delivered.  Woo hoo!

It was a fairly uneventful day, otherwise.

1. How the wind sounds in the trees at night.  The wind wasn't blowing very hard.  Just a soft breeze, and it made that pleasant rustle in the pine trees.

2. The sun made an appearance and the temperatures were pretty pleasant.  Well, above zero.

3. Yesterday my son said he was glad that we didn't live in the old town anymore and he liked living in the new town.  I asked why, he said that he liked the school better and the town has a lake. The latter I thought was pretty funny.

4. The price of gas went down a few cents. I was able to fill up and "save" a little.

5. How bright the stars were tonite. 



No comments: