Tuesday, January 7, 2014

First FO's of the year

I'm going to take advantage of the day home and do a quick post showing the first finished objects of the year.

Ballband dishcloth. I think this may be my new go-to dishcloth pattern.  I am in love with how the dishcloths turn out when you use a solid color yarn and a variegated yarn. I made a few of these for Christmas gifts (didn't take photos).  This was my first one for 2014 and the start of my dishcloth stash.

Needle: US size 7
Yarn: Peaches and Cream


 Susie's reading mitts. These are such a quick knit. 

Needle: US size 6
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft worsted, Autumn Red colorway


"Jude" inspired hat for my son. My son enjoys the "6teen" cartoon and asked if I could make him a hat like Jude's.  I said sure.  Then we didn't watch the cartoon for a while. I remembered that the hat was black with at least one white stripe and was beanie-styled.

 I used the Barley hat pattern from Tin Can Knits as my starting off point.  I placed the stripes where I thought they should be and finished the hat. 

US Size 8
Yarn: Red Heart worsted weight


We watched a few episodes of 6teen last night and I realized Jude's hat has only one stripe and some wide ribbing. My son is pretty darn pleased with this hat so I don't think I will be switching it up anytime soon.

I do not know what I will be working on next. Something small and portable, I'm sure.

No comments: