Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Daily 5, Jan. 14, 2013 (the one with sunsets)

Today wasn't terribly exciting.

My guy is still sick. :-(  Work was quiet. I did some knitting tonite and no spinning.

BUT ... we had a fabulous sunset today.


This was at latchkey. 


This was taken when I turned down my road and looked to the right.  Gorgeous.  Picture didn't do it justice.  This was my iphone.  I should really start carrying the other camera with me, I think.

Oh, I do have a chicken story from this morning. I did morning chicken chores since my guy was ill. When I went out to the coop I heard Brewster crowing.  Since he's bigger than our old roo he doesn't have as much extension when he's up on the perch.  The crow wasn't too hard on the ears, but more husky.  Then Brewster was trying to do his little dance of desire and he ended up scaring the hens off the perch.  So I guess he hasn't figured out that he can't do his fancy footwork up there. Red was buck-bucking at me like "Won't you please make him stop?"

I did take a couple photos when I went to tuck them in for the night. I.e. shut the light off.

Grandma P: "Isn't someone gonna shut the light off?"

Brewster was wondering what my son was doing. No-Tailed Red was keeping a close eye on us.

1. The quote: “If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” ~Oprah Winfrey. I'm not a fan of Oprah, normally. I ran across an article today from Tiny Buddha, called "How to release disappointment and thrive when life isn't fair" A lot of people could benefit from reading this. So many could improve their state of mind if they could focus more on reality versus expectations. Focus on the positive.

2. This song.  It's 3 Doors Down.  I haven't heard it for a while.  I enjoy almost all of their music.


3. I don't normally do this, but I read a post from the Bloggess today and there was a photo on there that I found hilarious.  The blog post is here. And as I scrolled over it my son saw a four letter word.  I couldn't actually see it, but I felt his eyes grow four times bigger. The photo is towards the end of the post.  I'm not saying anything to potentially ruin the surprise. :-)

4. I found the "skinny chocolate" in the back of the fridge and had a piece.  Totally forgot I had it.

5. My betta is still kicking.  My bettas live for a freakishly long time.  However this one was sitting still for long periods of time so I thought the end was near.  He's still looking a bit peaked but he's swimming around and eating.  I have a feeling that it's just too cold for him.  He's been a good little fishie.

No comments: