Today was my work at home day. Good thing, I think. I came across this truck on the way to my son's latchkey.
|Glad I'm not this dude|
Visibility was pretty crappy this morning so I'm sure the highway would have been a real treat to drive on.
It wasn't as cold as yesterday but the wind was pretty bitter.
My DH and I settled on a woodstove and ordered it at Menard*s today. It will come in about a week.
woodstove. I think we are going to be very happy with this.
Spinning and knitting happened tonite. I finished the ounce of BFL I was spinning.
I'm giving the spin-one-ounce-at-a-time method a try. Seems not as daunting as spinning til the bobbin is full.
I started another ballband dishcloth the other night. Not much progress so far.
Here's the cowl I finished this past weekend.
Lionbrand yarn in the Tudor colorway
Needles: US 15
I really do like this pattern and it is SUCH a warm cowl.
1. I wasn't the person that slid into the ditch this morning. That is an area I worry about, too.
2. It was warmer today than it was yesterday. I will be so happy when the temps stay cosistantly above zero degrees F.
3. We tried candling one of the eggs Elvis is sitting on and I thought I saw a network of blood vessels. I may be just a tiny bit excited at this!
4. Laundry was caught up today. I had to wash bedding and I thought it was going to take *forever* to dry.
5. Explaining phrases and sayings to my son. Today he was asking me about what a few meant. The only one that comes to mind right now is "Say it isn't so!"