Friday, January 10, 2014

Daily 5, Jan. 10, 2014 (and a finished object)

As of 7:20 p.m. it is 25 degrees outside.  It is absolutely wonderful.  I walked outside without gloves or a hat this afternoon.  Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be gorgeous. Well, warmer than the last few days. I'll get to open the coop up and tidy it up some.

Last night I finished the hat I was working on.  When I tried it on it was more slouchy than I thought it would be. I whined to my online friends about it and said I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it or rip back and redo.  I'm particular about my hats. As in a I feel very self-conscious in the majority of them.   My sweet man told me I looked good.  Having the personality I do, I thought "He's just saying that because he has to." This morning I tried it on again and asked him again and he said again that I look really nice in it. Trying to ignore that little nagging voice I put my hat on and headed off to work.

When I got to the office I quick snapped a couple photos with the camera on my computer.  (It takes nice selfies.) I posted pics on FB and emailed them to my friends and asked for their input.

Their responses?  They all like the hat and think I look nice in it.  If all those people say I look nice, it must be true, right? 

What do you think? 

*deep breath*

Okay, here's the photos. Me in my very own "Barley" hat.


 Darn it, I forgot my lipstick.


Side view of the knit side.

 In any event, I am now sitting here with empty knitting needles.  I think I'm going to pull out the spinning wheel while I watch Grimm tonite.

 1. The temps hit near 30 degrees F today.  Love it!  To bad I had to sit inside all day working.  I don't think I missed anything.  I doubt the sun was out much today.  But still -- near 30 degrees!

2. I got a really sweet compliment from one of the gals at work today.  I wore blue jeans to work today (shhh!) and she told me that it looks like I'm melting away. :-) Nice little boost! Especially after eating out for lunch yesterday and stuffing myself on a malt. MMmmmm, malt.

3. It was a six egg day today. We think White Cheeks, the other banty, is starting to lay consistently.  What a sweet little girl.

4. My guy told me this a.m. that the new Rooster likes Elvis but Elvis doesn't like the Rooster. I told him that it's like a 300 pound guy trying to jump on a 100 pound girl.  Something has to give and I guess it's poor Elvis. I think I'm going to stick with calling the Rooster Henry until someone else thinks there is another name more suited for him.  But already I'm second guessing it and think that perhaps we should call him Casanova. Going to have to ponder this a bit.

5. It's almost time for Grimm! There are only two shows I really look forward to seeing each week.  Grimm is one of them. Since the tv schedule has gotten a bit messed up due to the holidays and my own sense of time has gotten skewed thanks to snow days and what not, I'm thrill to actually have something new to watch. 







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes your hat is cute.Looks like a keeper to me!