Monday, January 20, 2014

I saw a semi do a u-turn this morning and a daily 5

This morning after dropping my son off at latchkey I saw a semi doing a U-turn on the highway.  Never thought I would see that. I figured that the driver missed the divide and instead of continuing south he was heading east by mistake.  Still though, he was able to do it on the highway where you wouldn't think there would be enough room for a semi to do so. 

On the way to work I saw both a county sheriff and a state deputy. Something was up.  Sure enough, a few semis were pulled over on the side of the highway.  The roads were a *wee* bit slippery this a.m., plus strong winds.

Another cold front is on it's way to my area.  It may already be here :-(.

Came home and Elvis is still being a good little mother and sitting on her eggs. 

It hasn't been a very exciting Monday but I do have a few things to share.


 This weekend we picked up seeds for the garden. *Squee!* I'm starting to get garden fever.


Yesterday when I wrote about two-plying my yarn I forgot to post a picture of the finished product. It turned out nice, I'm just not sure on the whole process of two-plying from a center ball.


After not really producing for a few days the girls gave us five eggs today. I realized that I talk about the eggs a lot but don't actually share pictures of them.  I love how each one is unique.


On the way home I was listening to my ipod and while I saw this beautiful sky, the following song was playing.  

 I thought the pairing of the two was perfect.


I just happened to be flipping through the tv channels while I was waiting for my photos to load and saw that the Sleepy Hollow finale started at 7 p.m. CST.  I'm so bummed at the season is over with already.

1. Tazo Cocoa Mint Mate tea.  When I first tried it I wasn't so sure. I've grown to like it.

2. Chatting with friends today.

3. I think we are getting closer to making a final decision on which wood stove to get.

4. This song, "Keep on the sunny side."



5.  Pizza for supper which means I didn't have to cook :-)




1 comment:

Kelsbels said...

So love the songs from that movie! And you are right...very appropriate for that beautiful sky! Love the colors of your eggs. So pretty!