Thursday, January 23, 2014

Surprise work-at-home day


Today I woke up to a school closing. Super cold wind chills was the deciding factor for the school closing. My work building was closed.

Since I got to "stay home" I kept my son home. He kept busy while I took care of work-work. We also cleaned and tidied up his room.  It looks habitable now! Not that it was dirty, just very, very cluttered.

For lunch I decided to make some homemade pizza. Mmmmm!


I thought I'd try cooking it in the cast iron skillet and see if I could replicate the deep dish styles like Pizza Hut.  No such luck -- yet.  It still turned out pretty tasty.


Soooo good!

Later on I decided to make a batch of root beer.  The root beer will be ready to go in time for my son's birthday.


I haven't made root beer since last summer. I'll have to make a mental note to buy ice cream and cream (for cream sodas).

Late this afternoon I decided to rearrange the furniture in the living room.  The furniture will need to be moved to make room for when the wood stove is installed. My guy was surprised when he got home. The only thing I didn't move was the tv.  That's needs more than one set of hands. It looks pretty good.

This afternoon I stepped out and took some pictures.  Or should I say: I braved the cold.

Back yard

Looking towards the garden area  
Jack Pine forest 
Behind the coop.

I'm guessing these are mice tracks. 

Log pile by the firepit.

From the backyard, looking over the roof. 
Front yard, from the garage

Far left corner of the front yard. 

Tops of the pines in the front yard. 
This evening I completed the ballband dishcloth I was working on.


This will be added to the growing collection.


Another nice thing about being home is that I could keep an eye on Elvis.  She's still sitting on all the eggs and buck-bucking if you even look in the direction of the box she's in.

1. Homemade hot chocolate with whipped cream.  The perfect end to the day.

2. Working from the comfort of my home.

3. My son's room looks so good! It just needed a little organization.

4. Since I didn't have to drive to town the last couple days I saved about 1/3 of a gas tank.

5. I actually worked in my pajamas today.  That makes me chuckle.



No comments: