Friday, January 17, 2014

Daily 5, Jan. 17, 2014 (TGIF)

So glad today is Friday.  The week flew by!

On the way to work my son and I saw an incredible moon set.  If that's what it's called. So pretty.  Even my son was in awe of it.

I got off work early so I went and visited my MIL for a while before heading home.  It was a nice visit and I had received a letter in the mail from a friend and old coworker.  It was *such* a wonderful surprise.  I had been thinking about this particular friend recently. 

The evening was very relaxing for me.  I working on my current knitting project and watched some Grimm. There are just a few more inches to go and then I can cast off.  Woo hoo!

Pictures were taken out in the coop when I went out there to tuck them in.  I'm guessing it was a rough day because they were ready for bed before 8 p.m.

Picture time again?


The wynadotte didn't want her picture taken, apparently. 


Grandma P in her usual spot. 


 And here is my sweet little Elvis, keeping her eggs warm.  My guy got home before I did and he went out to check on her.  At some point during the day either the other hens kicked her out or she hopped out to eat and two other hens took turns in the box.  There was two more eggs she was sitting on.  I guess my DH pulled her out so she could get some food and a drink and it took her about 30 seconds to come out of whatever trance she had herself in. Is that normal? I have no idea.

Okay, time for the daily 5.

1. Friday and it's Grimm night!

2. The sun was out today. After cloudy skies for a few days, it's a welcome sight.

3. The hot chocolate and whipped cream I had this evening.  It's been ages since I've gone "fancy" with my hot chocolate and it hit the spot.

4. We put a beef roast in the crock pot for supper and it turned out PERFECT.

5. In about 5 minutes I'm going to go snuggle up with my guy and "head off to dixie" as my uncle used to say.






No comments: